New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We wish to be transparent on how we process your data and show you that we are accountable with the GDPR in relation to not only processing your data but ensuring you understand your rights as a client.
It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
- New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners
- Contact details of New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners, 22a Main Street, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
- When we refer to ‘we’ it is New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners
Please read this Statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
Cookies are integral to the way modern websites work. Most personalisation and social media integration on websites relies on cookies in one way or another.
To help you become more aware of this activity, and give you a say in whether you want to allow it to happen, new EU-wide privacy legislation was put in place in 2011. This has become known as the Cookie Law.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enable us to personalise your visits to this website, keep track of your preferences and to track the usage of this website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored in the hard drive of your computer by your browser.
Your browser will have the option to prevent websites using cookies (your browser’s help screen or manual will tell you how to do this), but please note that this may reduce the functionality of this Site and other websites. Like all websites, our servers automatically record ‘log files’ containing information about the volume and characteristics of our website traffic e.g. IP address, numbers of pages viewed, length of time spent on site. We use log files to build pictures of how our site is used that help us to monitor and improve the service. We cannot identify you from your log files.
Who are we?
New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners, We are located at 22a Main Street, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
We can be contacted on 01-5310571 or by email [email protected] Our principal business is to provide advice and arrange transactions on behalf of clients in relation to life, pensions, savings & Investment products. To provide you with relevant information, respond to your requests we sometimes request that you provide us with information about yourself.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR champion can be contacted directly here:
Purpose for processing your data
In general, you may visit our website without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners collects domain information from your visit to customise and improve your experience on our website.
This website may collect certain information from your visit, including the date and time of your access, the pages you have accessed, the name of the Internet Service Provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address by which you are accessing the Internet, and the Internet address from which you linked to our site, if applicable. We use this information to better understand how our website is being used so that we can improve its performance.
Some portions of this website may request that you give us information about yourself, from which we are able to identify you, such as your name, email or other address. Some of the ways in which we may collect information from you are:
- Subscription to newsletters or other New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners content-related correspondence e.g. Event registrations for seminars, conferences, etc.
- White paper or other downloads
Why we are processing your data? Our legal basis.
In order for us to provide you Financial Planning Services New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners to collect personal data as outlined below. Our reason (lawful reason) for processing your data under the GDPR is:
- Legal basis – New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners needs to process your data as this is necessary in relation to a contract of insurance to which the individual has entered into or because the individual has asked for something to be done so they can enter into a contract. When we collect information about you, we intend to tell you why we are asking for the information and what we intend to do with it. You will have the option of not providing the information, in which case you may still be able to access other parts of this website, although you may not be able to access certain services. In certain areas of our website, we may, where appropriate, enable you to ‘opt in’ to certain uses of your information e.g. personal data and direct marketing. Data will not be held for longer than is necessary. General client details will be held while you are a customer and will be retained for a period of 6 years after the relationship is terminated in line with CPC Legislation. The information we collect about you or your computer is used to run the website, respond to your requests or process any transactions you have requested. It may also be used to verify your identity, send you information or contact you in relation to a New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners or service that you are using or that we believe may be of interest to you after you have chosen to ‘Opt In’.
Sharing information with third parties:
Who are we sharing your data with?
In certain instances, we may make your information available to third parties with whom we have a relationship where that third party is providing services on our behalf. We will only provide those third parties with information that is necessary for them to perform the services and we take measures to protect your information.The information we collect may be used, stored and processed in the EU, UK or in any other country in which New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners does business. By providing the information via the website, you are consenting to the transfer of the information outside of your country to any country (including countries which may not have adequate levels of protection).
New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners may disclose information it has collected about you on the website if required to do so by law or when necessary to protect the rights of New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners and/ or its employees.
We may pass your personal data on to third-party service providers contracted to New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners in the course of dealing with you. Any third parties that we may share your data with are obliged to keep your details securely, and to use them only to fulfil the service they provide on your behalf. When they no longer need your data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners procedures.
If we wish to pass your sensitive personal data onto a third party we will only do so once we have obtained your explicit consent, unless we are legally required to do otherwise.
New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners intent is to strictly protect the security of your personal information; honour your choice for its intended use; and carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. We have taken appropriate steps to safeguard and secure information we collect online, including the use of encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information.
However, you should always take into consideration that the internet is an open forum and that data may flow across networks with little or no security measures, and therefore such information may be accessed by people other than those you intended to access it.
In any event, New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
How will New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners use the personal data it collects about me?
New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners will process (collect, store and use) the information you provide in a manner compatible with the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We will endeavour to keep your information accurate and up to date, and not keep it for longer than is necessary.
Special Categories of personal data
Where you are applying or using our website to deal with a New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners product in connection with a union membership, details of your union membership and your profession.
Where you are applying or using our website to deal with a New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners product in connection with life assurance or income Protection, details concerning your health, sexual preferences, age and whether you are a member of a Trade Union. Other sensitive data may be collected in the event of a claim, details of which will be provided at that time. If we collect any special categories of personal data (e.g. health, religious beliefs, racial, ethnic origin – financial information is not classified as special categories of personal data) – we will ensure the below
- we will obtain your explicit consent
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To quote or process your purchase of a New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners product on behalf of an insurer.
- To process your request for a quote, or your offer to enter into a contract for a New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners product, on your behalf, and to submit your data to an insurer or insurers on your behalf for this purpose.
- To process your claim for a payment in connection with a New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners product on behalf of an insurer and also on your behalf.
- To provide you with information regarding our other products or services which we feel may interest you. We may use your email address for this purpose and to send you updates or news regarding New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners and our services.
- To provide you with information regarding products or services of third parties which we feel may interest you and where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including any related to a New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners product.
- To deliver and maintain a high-quality service.
- To allow you to access the New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners website and to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our services, to a New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners product or to the New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners website.
How to update and/or amend the personal information you have provided:
You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do (subject to certain limitations), to have access to that information and have it corrected if it is inaccurate or out of date. To exercise your Right of Access or to update your details under your Right of Rectification or Erasure please email your request to the contact address below with proof of identity.
Why do New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners need to collect and store personal data?
In order for us to provide you with Advice regarding Life/Serious Illness/Income Protection Cover we need to collect personal data from you in order to provide you with quotations comparing premiums and covers from our business partners i.e. Friends First, Irish Life, Zurich, Aviva & Royal London. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy. In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners would contact you for additional consent.
We have been supplied by all our third-party processors with a Data Processor checklist.
If we transfer personal data to a third party or outside the EU we as the data controller will ensure the recipient (processor or another controller) has provided the appropriate safeguards and on condition that enforceable data subject rights and effective legal remedies for you the data subject are available.
If we have received your personal data from another source:
New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners occasionally collect your personal data from one of our Business partners after having received a signed Letter of Authority from the Data subject. In this case, New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. It is the intention of this privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) to explain to you the information practices of New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners in relation to the information we collect about you and other users.
Data Subjects Rights:
New Beginning Financial Services t/a Employee Financial Wellness Limited facilitate you, our clients, rights in line with our data protection policy and the subject access request procedure. This is available on request.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Organisation Name refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved as we have indicated in the processing of your personal data.
Additional information we are providing you with to ensure we are transparent and fair with our processing
Retention of your personal data
Data will not be held for longer than is necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were obtained. New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners will process personal data in accordance with our retention schedule. This retention schedule has been governed by the Central Bank of Ireland and our internal governance.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority and New Beginnings Financial Services Limited data protection representatives Data Protection / GDPR Owner Champion.
Failure to provide further information
If we are collecting your data for a contract x and you cannot provide this data the consequences of this could mean the contract cannot be completed or details are incorrect.
Profiling – automatic decision making
New Beginning Financial Services t/a Pension Planners using profiling in our daily business. The main categories are
- Risk profiling.
- Profiling for marketing purposes.
- Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services and mortgage product.
- a) Risk Profiling
To establish a customer’s attitude to investment risk (relates to pensions and investments) advisors have automated calculators which calculate the customers attitude to various levels of risk having answered a series of questions.
- Profiling for marketing purposes.
When we seek to contact you about other services, as outlined above we run automated queries on our computerised data base to establish the suitability of proposed products or services to your needs.
2. Establishing affordability and providing quotations for financial services products.
If we intend to further process your personal data for a purpose other than for which the data was collected, we will provide this information prior to processing this data.
Your privacy is important to us. If you have any comments or questions regarding this statement, please contact us on (01) 531 0571 or email [email protected]
List of our Business Partners:
Arena Capital Partners, Aviva Life and Pensions, BCP Asset Management, Blackbee Investments, Canter Fitzgerald, Davy Select, Friends First, Greenman, Irish Life, ITC, Rockwell Financial Management, Royal London, Wealth Options and Zurich.